Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Step size unique for each MultiFlex user

Options
KD0RC
KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

While setting up a remote Flex 6400, my friends and I discovered that step size changes for all stations and all slices (within a mode) simultaneously. This can be quite annoying when you are tuning around and suddenly go in unanticipated jumps when the other operator changes step size.

I would like to request that step size be tied to the slice and possibly persisted based on global profile. Making it a slice parameter would allow having multiple tuning rates concurrently, even within a station.

If you like this suggestion, please click the little up arrow to vote for it. Flex pays attention to ideas with the most up votes.

4 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Len,

Are you both using same profiles? I suggest you each have your own mic, tx, and global profiles.

i’m not sure if step size is stored in radio persistence or global profile but worth asking.

Dave wo2x

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Dave, yep, everyone has their own set of three profiles. I did a bunch of testing to verify that step size is kept independently from slice, client ID or profiles.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.