Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Looking for a way to operate remote with my Flex Maestro

Options
w9sss
w9sss Member
OK so this is a rather strange request. I was operating remote from California with my Maestro here and bought a 6300 to operate remote since im in a HOA type setting. I ran across an individual in Illinois that did not have a flex radio but did have a nice antenna system. ( Hex Beam ) I shipped my 6300 to him and was able to operate for about 6 months with no problems. We agreed to share operating hours so we could both use my 6300. However after a few months he went "Dark" and I could never reach him again perhapsd a SK now.

So bottom line is im a little hesitant but willing to trust someone that will allow me to connect to his station remotly with my Maestro. Option 1 is that I buy a 6300 / 6400 and ship it to an honest ham or Option 2 perhaps pay someone for use of their Flex radio so I can operate from here.

Open to ideas...Thanks David W9SSS

Answers

• K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Have you looked into RHR? (Remote Ham Radio) I understand they use Flex radios now and would easily interface with your existing Maestro.

I have no affiliation with them but just throwing out the idea without you having to trust a complete stranger to be able to get on the air.

Good luck de Larry K1UO

• w9sss
    w9sss Member
    Options
    Thanks Larry..yes I know about that system but it seems quite expensive for general rag chew contacts and contesting..Thank You

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.