Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR on Ipad not connecting to Genius Devices

Options

Morning everyone. I'm having problems connecting to the Genius Devices using SmartSDR on my iPad.

Recently I added a TGXL (SO2R), a Rotator Genius and an Antenna Genius 8x2 to my remote station, and they are all working fine locally at the station PC, but when using my Ipad to operate remotely I havent been able to connect to them in the Tools menu. I constantly get the "Cannot Connect to" for all 3 devices.

To the best of my knowledge I've configured everything correctly:

- On my remote site in the router I've forwarded the default ports for the 3 devices and with the IP address of my network at the remote station

- On the devices I've set up a four number code for remote access

- I've set static DHCP addresses for all devices so they don't change

- On the Ipad side, I've configured the devices with the IP address of my remote site network, the same ports and acess codes as in the devices 

But it's been imposible to connect to them.

- Ipad is an Ipad Air, running iOs 16.6 

- All Genius Devices are running latest firmware

- SmartSDR for iOs is version 6.9.5

I configured everything following the way I configured my Flex port forwarding, which is working fine as I can connect to the Flex using Smartlink for the iPad, iPhone and Macbook.

I wrote to Marcus and waiting for his thoughts. Anyone had the same issue resolved?

73, Santiago HI8O

Comments

• Mike N9NTC
    Mike N9NTC Member ✭✭
    Options

Use the instructions on the Flex website. Configuring PGXL and TGXL for Remote Operation with the latest versions of firmware – FlexRadio Do not use the device IPs. Use the host computer IP by entering Whats my IP and use the same IP on all devices.

Mike

N9NTC

• Santiago Mejia HI8O
    Options

Thanks Mike. I beleive I'm following the instructions correctly and still no luck. Only difference I see in my case and the document is that I'm using an iPad (Smart SDR for iOS) as remote, not a Windows PC (no Windows application on operating site) nor a Macbook (no SmartSDR for MacOs on operating site).

The rest I'm doing as documents says. Will keep trying.

Santiago

HI8O

• Dennis Daniel KM6DF
    Options

I have the same problem. Locally works fine but not remotely. I have setup just like you did and I get the error can’t find the device. My ISP is Xfinity. I would like to get this resolved because I remote back to my home station when we are traveling or camping.

Dennis KM6DF

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.