Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Tuner Bypass SO2R

Options
KM4CQG
KM4CQG Member ✭✭

Question

Has anyone using the Bypass feature on the Tuner Genius mine is SO2R.

I can't get mine to bypass unless I press the bypass button and or use the App.

Version 1.2.11

Ian

KM4CQG

Best Answer

• Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I can't explain what happened to make my TGXL bypass feature STOP working but I just did factory resets (again) of both my AG and TGXL running v4.1.7 and v1.2.11 respectively for other reasons and now it's working again. Glad about that of course but weird ...

Russ KR6W

Answers

• AA1SS
    AA1SS Member ✭✭
    edited January 27
    Options

• AA1SS
    AA1SS Member ✭✭
    Options

I tried my TGXL and it does bypass but does not show it in bypass mode.

• KM4CQG
    KM4CQG Member ✭✭
    edited January 27
    Options

Looks like mine required a Reset and needed to be reprogrammed.

After all of this STILL NOT Working anyone have any idea's

Thanks for checking BTW the Mic is doing well using it on the Maestro.

Ian

• KM4CQG
    KM4CQG Member ✭✭
    Options

Update on findings.

The Tuner Genius when working alone is working properly.

When I tell the Tuner Genius to use the Antenna Genius located on the Genius Integration tab I get the error.

The Tuner Genius stays in line under the integration with Antenna Genius.

I imagine it's a software fix from 403a.

Ian

KM4CQG

• Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yup, I'm seeing this too. Except in my case the bypass selection feature isn't even working when not integrated through the Genius Integration tab with the AG.

I know this worked properly very recently because I had to do factory resets of both the AG and TGXL after updating to v4.1.7 and v1.2.11 respectively following Dave WO2X's advice to GET it to work.

The only thing I've updated since is SSDR to v3.6.8 but I don't see how that would have anything to do with this. Very weird ...

Russ KR6W

• John K3MA
    John K3MA Member ✭✭
    Options

Is version 1.2.11 for the TGXL a Flex tested and supported release?

I am only seeing 1.1.20 as the newest release on the Flex site. I know in the past if you wanted to live on the bleeding edge that 4O2A has had newer releases on their website for download but when I have done that it has resulted in some kind of inter-operations issue.

• Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭
    Options

v1.2.11 is indeed from 4O3A’s website. It’s required for their v4 AG firmware.

Russ KR6W

• KM4CQG
    KM4CQG Member ✭✭
    edited January 29
    Options

Tuner Genius 1.2.11 version still has the same issue again when combined with the Antenna Genius version 4.1.7

Ian

KM4CQG

• KM4CQG
    KM4CQG Member ✭✭
    Options

Russ

Thanks so much I tried your solution and it worked.

While it does not show Bypass on the App all the circular indications now go to 0 when I transmit using the Bypassed antenna's.

Ian

KM4CQG

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Correct.

When in bypass the C1, C2 and L will show zero.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.