Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PGXL error msg

Options

Hi All,

Just got this msg on the Maestro display: PGXL reducing power. Please stop transmission

SWR is very low so that should not be an issue.

What can cause this message? Can't find anything in the manual.

73 de Adde, SM0SHG

Tagged:

Answers

• Gordon, ve7on
    Gordon, ve7on Member ✭✭
    Options

You don't give us much info to work with but my guess would be the temperature of the finals is getting too high.

Gordon, ve7on

• Adde Tjernberg
    Adde Tjernberg Member ✭✭
    Options

Well, that is the info I have. I have never seen this error before and can't find any information about it.

If it was related to temprature I would expect some type of temp alarm. The PGXL was around 40°C

Adde

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Important to give the current firmware Version that is on the PGXL?

What was your Drive "RF Power" Slider set at on the Radio and the Modulation MODE you were using? NOT the "Tune" settings

If your NOT over Driving the AMP with the "RF Power" set to high then

Is the AMP set for MEffa enabled or Disabled?

What is the TXD (Transmit Delay) set for?

Start out at 30ms and increase up to 50ms if the problem keeps coming back and see if it still does it for a test, personally I have to run mine at 40ms.

If you can answer these questions it would sure help us help you.

Bret

WX7Y

• Adde Tjernberg
    Adde Tjernberg Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Bret,

Settings as follows:

Important to give the current firmware Version that is on the PGXL?

What was your Drive "RF Power" Slider set at on the Radio and the Modulation MODE you were using? NOT the "Tune" settings

10-12W

If your NOT over Driving the AMP with the "RF Power" set to high then

Is the AMP set for MEffa enabled or Disabled?

Enabled but this is only for CW, right? This was during SSB.

What is the TXD (Transmit Delay) set for?

This is set to 20. I think this is the recommended setting from Flex? But will set it per your suggestion and see if it makes any difference.

Start out at 30ms and increase up to 50ms if the problem keeps coming back and see if it still does it for a test, personally I have to run mine at 40ms.

The issue has so far only been on 17m. Was running in the UBA contest this weekend on 10 15 and 20. No issue what so ever.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.