Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Enhancement Request: Specify an IP address for a radio

Options

Request: To provide the user with the option to manually specify the IP address of the radio rather than having to use either Discovery or SmartLink.

Justification:

The Mac version of SmartSDR has three ways to connect to a radio:

1. Using the discovery protocol
  2. Using SmartLink
  3. Using a manually entered IP address

This third option is missing from the Windows version but is very useful if your radio is directly accessible but not on the same IP network (i.e. the other side of a Level 3 router). This is the case for me - the radio is "remote" but accessible over a permanent VPN connection.

Please could we have this third connection method added to the Windows versions of SmartSDR

Comments

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

• Ron Koenig
    Ron Koenig Member ✭✭
    Options

We have been begging for this much needed feature for a long time... But, it's not likely to happen.

As such we must use VPN's and other work arounds that have a negative impact on performance.

It just is what it is, we take the scraps we are given and deal with it.

Ron, WV4P

• NP3A
    NP3A Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Searched community for this. I was wondering how to make a direct IP connection. Looks like in Mac it can be done. Thats disappointing, makes no sense.

I support this feature request for Windows.

73 de NP3A
  • Gord-VA7GP
    Gord-VA7GP Member ✭✭
    Options

We need this!

• Nick KB9UAE
    Nick KB9UAE Member
    Options
    Another bump for this feature to be added to the Windows version.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.