Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX with Monitor Audio and OBS Studio

Options

Hi All,

I have a question on getting the audio feed from the monitor (voice or CW) into DAX.

Here is my situation... We have a group that we share from time to time our audio feed via YouTube we can hear the differences in RX from our locations. We use OBS Studio to manage the live stream to YouTube. OBS is configured to take in the DAX audio feed from the RX and stream it to You Tube. This works great! However, when I transmit the monitor audio - be it voice or CW - is not on the DAX stream, thus is not presented on the YouTube stream.

What I would like to be able to do is have my station's audio from the monitor (SSB / CW) be audible to the others in our group listening to the live stream.

Question: Is there a way to configure SmartSDR to feed the monitor audio into the RX DAX stream?

Thanks,

Chuck

de NJ6D / N7KU

Best Answers

• N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Not that I'm aware of.

The way I'd do it is using a software mixer like Voicemeter banana or Potato, get the signal from the SmartSDR audio (default audio device only...), mix it with anything else you'd like to send, and feed OBS.

73, Max

• JamesW7EY
    JamesW7EY Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Check out "Virtual Audio Cables". It comes with a tool called "Audio Repeater" which you can use to mirror audio between devices. You can even take inputs to outputs. It's great for streaming because you can create multiple cables to make sub-mixes with specific inputs that then get processed through EQ/FX and then remixed into a final output for streaming.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.