Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6700 2 meter offset

Options

Unable to get 600 khz or any offset through Smart SDR memory settings or dire through user interface, Transmits fine on simplex. Using a Q5 Signal 2MLDPA . Below are my settings with 0.6 as the repeator offset

Comments

• Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I checked this out and found: Version V3.5.9

The memory setting of +.6 does work, in that it transmits up 600Khz and setting +0 simplex also works

BUT - The SSDR screen is NOT UPDATED, nor can I change settings from the screen

• Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Tried the same from the Maestro. MENU-MEMORY will switch from simplex to repeater up .6 correctly

but again the display remains showing "SIMP" for both simplex and up 600

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Terry, I wonder if it is a 6700 problem. What happens if you use the built-in 2 meter transverter?

Hi Stan, are you running a 6700 or one of the other 6000 series rigs? My 6400, also running SmartSDR 3.5.9 always shows the correct value. I wonder if a factory reset would help.

• Terry Erlacher
    Terry Erlacher Member ✭✭
    Options

Len, I am running the internal transverter with the Q5 Signal  2MLDPA  amplifier. The version of Smart SDR 3.2.39. I am able to make repeater contacts, Selecting from memory the proper offset and CTSCC codesappear on the user interface. When transmitting theb transmitt frequency window does not show the offset. Perhaps I should upgrade Smart SDR. I am making repeator contacts which was my goal. I have the same experience when using the Q5 Signal L432-28HP100 transverter. Ocassionally I use my Ipad to access repeators to make a net.

• Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Len I am, as Terry, running a 6700.

As stated it works well for selecting simplex or +- repeater offset from a list. The SSDR and Maestro screens lie, and cannot be changed.

• KD0RC
    Options

Oh, I see. That sounds like it is working correctly. The frequency displayed in SmartSDR is always the receive frequency. You will see your transmit signal on the panadater if you have the pan wide enough. I usually put a second slice on the repeater input so that I can listen to the other stations directly (if they are close enough...).

I have been using 3.5.9 since it came out and have had no problems with it.

You might be interested in a little utility that I built to make it easier to jump from one repeater frequency to another. Take a look at the FlexRepeaterSpots thread on this forum:

• KD0RC
    Options

Hi Stan, If the FM options don't change when you click them in SmartSDR or the equivalent action on a Maestro, then I think I would try a factory reset if you haven't done that yet. Just be sure to export your profiles first.

If that doesn't fix it, you should probably submit a help desk ticket.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.