Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CPU Overcurrent

Options

This morning after doing my weekly power cycle of my radio (due to the CW bug) the 6300 booted up to blinking 5 times, which indicates a "Cpu overcurrent" state. This is a remote site that I was able to view via my onsite shack camera. I have never seen this on any of my radios before. After blinking 5 times for 30 seconds or so, it shuts off.

Since the radio is at a remote site, I can't run any in person tests until I got up there or have a friend swing by, but wanted to see if anyone else has ever gotten this error and what the solution was. I'm hoping it's a power supply issue and not a radio issue since Flex currently has my 6600 and this 6300 is my backup radio.

Thanks for any help,

Peter - WB6POT

Answers

• Peter WB6POT
    Peter WB6POT Member ✭✭
    Options

Update:

My ham friend who lives 2 miles away from my remote shack and has keys to my shack, went over this morning to run some tests. As soon as he arrived he called me and I told him I would remotely boot the radio so he could see the flashing lights, etc.

However this time it booted normally and everything was back working. I had done this exact reboot (power supply from off to on and then soft reboot) at least 3 or 4 times prior to him arriving with the five blinking lights followed by the radio powering itself off.

I have no idea what changed, but now I'm afraid to power down the radio. Everything currently is operating fine. I'll hope for the best and will update this thread if things change.

Peter - WB6POT

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do you have any USB devices plugged into the Radio?

If so they may be what is causing the shutdown problem, If you are using USB devices on the FLEX you may want to purchase a POWERED USB switch and plug all your USB devices into that so you only have the Powered USB switch plugged into the Radio.

I ran into this years ago when I had the 2M AMP and a USB Serial port plugged into the Flex6700 and it would intermittingly shut down the Radio.

Amazon has some pretty good METAL case for RF shielding, 12V USB switch's that will use the same Station 12V supply the Radio uses so you wont have a ground loop problem.

• Peter WB6POT
    Peter WB6POT Member ✭✭
    Options

No USB devices plugged into the radio.

Peter - WB6POT

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.