Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLEX 6400 M internal speaker

Options

Hello friends,

I own a 6400 M working perfectly with Smart SDR.

A Heil Pro 7 helmet is connected.

I hear the trafic in my helmet and also from the 6400 M internal speaker.

How can I disable the 6400 M internal speaker ?

Thank you for any assistance and happy 2024.

73's de Serge ON9COP

Answers

• Mike Steventon
    Mike Steventon Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Press Menu on the front panel. Press "Audio". You will see "Front Speaker". Press "enabled" and it will then read "Disabled". Press "Exit at top left. Fixed!!!

Hope that helps!

Mike. G4GWH

• Serge Baye
    Serge Baye Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello Mike,

many thanks for you reply. In fact I never use the 6400 M as a stand alone radio (I used it once when I purchased the radio), I always use Smart SDR. I tried your suggestion and indeed it worked like a charm but ... once I load Smart SDR the program asks me to downgrade the radio firmware (currently .2.6.2.50).

Once downgraded I can use the radio with Smart SDR but the Flex 6400 M external speaker is still active.

Is it possible to disable the external speaker from a Smart SDR command or click ?

best 73

Serge ON9COP

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Serge, instead of downgrading the radio, you can load the latest SmartSDR version (currently 2.10.1 or 3.5 9). Make sure that SmartSDR, the radio and the front panel are all at the same version.

If you upgrade to version 3, you can use a nice feature called SmartControl. This lets you use SmartSDR at the same time as the knobs and buttons. If you are licensed for version 2, there will be a charge to upgrade to version 3.

• Serge Baye
    Serge Baye Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Len,

many thanks for your suggestion, I will give it a try.

Happy 2024 to you and yours,

Serge ON9COP

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.