Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can you zero beat a station in cw with a single click of the mouse?

Options
I’ve been a user for many years of NaP3 and find the the zero beat capability in CW is an invaluable feature. I just ordered a new 6400M and wondering if this capability is available in the spectrum display?

Answers

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I understand that no date has been set for the availability of the 6400M.

• David43
    David43 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I’m aware that the new 6400M will not be shipping until 2Q24 but my question is relative to today when using the current software and 6400M.
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi David, current Flex 6000 functionality does not include a CW zero beat function.

I use CW Skimmer with my 6400 using SmartSDR, and by clicking the skimmer display, it will zero beat the selected signal. I don't know of anything similar that works with the screen of a Maestro or M model Flex.

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi David,

This idea has been on the list since 2014. It is the number 2 most wanted by votes (114) . Here is a link where you can add a comment and vote to maybe bump it up.

https://community.flexradio.com/discussion/6169683/ssdr-autozerobeat-on-cw-click-tune/p1

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ

al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

6600 SSDR V3.5.9

TGXL 1.1.20

PGXL 3.7.32

Win10 Pro V2004

• Dan Trainor
    Dan Trainor Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The zero beat capability has been repeatedly asked for and is always rejected. As is other wanted CW features and bug fixes. Flex is not meant to appeal to CW operators.

• Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Zero beat would be useful but I live without it, and I am mostly CW working contests, DX, and rag chews. The endless blather about the requested CW features is tiring, but not nearly as tiring as Flex’s silence on these topics.

The remarks about Flex and CW are disturbing. Geez, if accurate my all Flex station, 5000, 6300, and 6400 will likely be the last from Austin.

It seems pretty simple. Flex just speak to the users requesting CW related enhancements so we can move on. End the silence.

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Important that all new features be accessible from M models and Maestros.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.