Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Mac Mini Problems

Options
Looking for a little help!
I have had a mac mini for a coupe months and just purchased the SmartSDR for Mac. Started the SmartSDR for Mac and it came up ok and I was able to start learning it.
Problem;
(1) I was not able to use the stock FHM-3 mic attached to the back of the radio. Including PTT.
(2) I could hear nothing out of the powered PC speakers plugged into the rear port on the radio.
(3) Plugged in a computer headset with a 3.5 mm connector to my Mac mini. I could see audio getting to the Mac but could not get the audio to the 6400 to transmit.
(4) The next day I tried to start the SmartSDR for Mac -no joy. I have a screen shot of the this problem.

So far that is it. Not able to use the SmartSDR for Mac.

At least everything operates as designed on the Windows version for my new Flex 6400.

Anyone have a clue what I might have done wrong.

Justin K5WAZ

Comments

• Mike Steventon
    Mike Steventon Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Are you using Studio Display with the Mac mini? Or What? You should at the very least try to select the speakers on the display (if they exist) and not the Mac mini?????

Also, try winding up the line out volume to full "on" if you want to hear the audio from the Radio output. You have it turned fully off on the picture....

Not sure about the microphone issue........

Good luck!

Mike.

• Justin
    Justin Member
    Options
    Sorry Mike, I am using a 40" Samsung monitor with speakers but the audio quality was very poor.

I did try with the volume up on the external without any luck. The screen shot was when I could not get the SSDR Mac connected to the radio. New to the radio as well as the SSDR Mac. I am in well over my head.
  • Mike Steventon
    Mike Steventon Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Looks like you need some local help and advice. I am afraid that I live just a little bit too far from you to offer the help!!!

It is quite a steep learning curve to undertake, but well worth it if you keep your cool and do things slowly and logically. I use iMac Pro with SSDR for Mac, and a 6600M. Apple Studio Display for the SSDR. Even now, I have to "watch it", for example I suddenly found that my TGXL would not tune when I injected 25W. Turns out that I had stupidly disabled the tuner from Ant 1. (three-port tuner). I took quite a while and some degree of panic before I noticed the error. Again, I had to slow down, think things through and "Bob's You Uncle"

I believe that there are many users of the Mac mini with Apple Chip that work just fine.

Cheers.

Mike.

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hi Justin

looking at your screen shot you have transmit disabled and all receive audio turn full off

i run macbook air (m1) and various mac minis ( intel and M1)

and use my Flex 6600m with macssdr as well as its main screen

for starters

..setup to use mike and speaker of the radio and dont worry about mac audio just yet

once you are seeing and controlling freq.mode via macssdr

and getting mic audio and receive audio...from the radio we can help get you to next stage

paul K3SF

next stage can look like this