Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Power pole connection to the FEX-6300

Options
Hi all,

I seem to have a problem with the Anderson Power Pole connector on my FLEX-6300.
Is this difficult to change it or to replace it by an other type of connector. Or does this need qualified professional skils ?

Any info and help welcome.

Eddy ON5UQ.
Tagged:

Answers

• Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Eddy, what kind of problem? On my 6400, just yesterday I used a couple of drops of D100 and gained a couple of tenths voltage. This I do a few times a year. The other issue is the connector mating does not feel solid. This seems to be a mechanical issue.

I use FRstac’s voltmeters and monitor voltage inside PP connectors and can easily see voltage drop from no load to full load.

A long thread about this topic is on the community. Also, I rarely disconnect/connect the PP.

• Eddy
    Eddy Member
    Options
    Hi Lionel,

Thanks for your quick reply. It's a bad contact and the slightest tuch on the wires shuts down the FLEX_6300. I have searched the communty but could not find any thread. Could you send me a link to that thread please ?
  • Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, I will find it. There’s another community for flex that is not associated with the company and it might be on that site. Regardless, I’ll find it. I believe the “satisfying” positive connection of the past is weakening.

id open the 6300 see how they are connected. The Flex service department must have enough history of PP issues to offer recommendations.

off I go to search.

Merry Christmas Eddy.

• Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I found this link: https://groups.io/g/FlexRadioSmartSDR/topic/29112663#5778

Discussion about voltage drop and some other links to more info.

I’ll send you any other PP info that comes across.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.