Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Windows Newbie

Options

I'm experiencing a few problems that I think can be traced back to an inadequate Windows configuration. I am running Windows 11 on top of Parallels 18.3.2 on a 2021 MacBook Pro.

1) Launching SmartSDR v3.5.9 says no radios available (6600, TGXL, PGXL, MacBook & router all attached to dedicated Cisco EN switch). SmartSDR for Mac on the MacBook operates with 6600 & PGXL. (It also gives a CAT warning "SmartSDR CAT requires the FlexRadio Systems FlexVSP driver to be installed. Please reinstall SmartSDR to install this driver" - reinstalling has no effect on this message.

2) Launching TGXL Utility 1.1.8 does not find the Tuner Genius under Local Device tab. Hitting the "Connect" button has no effect.

3) Launching the PGXL Utility 3.6.24 does not find the Power Genius. Hitting the "Connect" button has no effect.

I turned off the Windows firewall and rebooted Windows - no improvement in the above.

What am I missing?

Thanks & 73,

Ken WC6Y

Comments

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Assume you have a M1 Mac running Windows Parallels. This means you have an ARM-based Windows PC.

First, Windows DAX and CAT will not run on Windows ARM

For the other devices, go to the device configuration for Parallels and check the TCP bridge configuration from Parallels to the Mac. Most use the "Bridge" mode.

Alan. WA9WUD

• WC6Y
    WC6Y Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you Alan for your great insights! Fortunately I do not need CAT nor DAX. Re the Parallels configuration, under Network tab it identified that it had defaulted to "Shared Network (recommended)". Changing it to "USB 10/100/1000 LAN" immediately resulted in the TG being recognized by TG-util, PG by PG-util, and SmartSDR seeing my 6600. Triple-play!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.