Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FRStackWebApi

Options

I need to be able to use 2 raspi pi's for 2 flex radios on the same network. I have looked at the available documentation and I have not found a way to configure the FRStackWebApi.service to only work with a specific ip address.

I have tried changing the service parameters to use the ip address of the radio but that has not worked.

[Service]
Type=notify
WorkingDirectory=/usr/local/frstack2
ExecStart=/usr/bin/dotnet FRStackWebApi.dll --urls "http://*:5026"

I have also edited the /usr/local/frstack/appsettings.json to the ip of the radio and found out that configures which hosts can access the web api.

"AllowedHosts": "*",

I see where you can add a 2nd instance on another port and that implies to me using 2 radios. However I can't figure out how to point the service to a specific radio ip address.

Hopefully some one here has worked that out.

Regards

Best Answer

• Mick  W8BE
    Mick W8BE Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Alan, the modifications I made did not work the way I expected. However I was watching the load on the pi when both radios were running and it was not that much more than one radio so I think I am going to go back to the original config.

Regards

Answers

• Mick  W8BE
    Mick W8BE Member ✭✭
    Options

I think I have it now..

You do have to change the service to point to the flex radio ..

pi@raspberrypi:/lib/systemd/system $ sudo systemctl status FRStackWebApi

● FRStackWebApi.service - FRStack Web APIs

CGroup: /system.slice/FRStackWebApi.service

└─6661 /usr/bin/dotnet FRStackWebApi.dll --urls http://192.168.1.210:5025

Then you have to go into the flows and set the parameter node to the ip of the radio and also the web socket nodes.

It seems to work fine with this config. Tomorrow I will test turn on the new Flex and see if it ignores the ip data from it.

Regards

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mick

Look at the set of FRStack/Flex Node-Red flows Mark includes in the FRStack download directory.

Mark's example flows have a radio selector and a client selector. Adapt these portions to your flow.

Alan WA9WUD

• Mick  W8BE
    Mick W8BE Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Alan, I want to keep the the pi's separate one for each radio due to the overhead I have on the 1st Pi that is a Nginx webserver as well. I will report back tomorrow if it does what I think it will do.

Regards

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.