Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW characters in CWX panel (LIVE)?

Options

I'm sure this is a dumb question so be kind.

When I send CW using my paddle the characters send and show up in the CWX Panel (LIVE) line.

Then if I try to use a CW macro it sends the characters in the (LIVE) line before sending the MACRO characters. I end up sending the same characters twice? I'm tired of hitting the CWX Panel cancel button to clear the line before pressing the macro button.

Has anyone else seen this and fixed it?

YES, all my software is current and this was happening before the updates.

TIA

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Birton, I have never seen this happen with my 6400. What model Flex are you running? Are you running a logging program that can send characters?

When you say your paddles, are they connected directly to the back of the radio, or are you using a Winkeyer or other type of keyer? Are you operating locally or remotely?

• Birton_N6UG
    Birton_N6UG Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you for responding.

Radio: Flex6600

Computer: Macbook Pro M2

Software: SmartSDR for MAC

Paddle: Begali Connected to the Mac via Serial interface using the built in keyer provided for the Mac Software.

Remote? Well sort of, computer is 6 feet from radio and everything running over LAN/ethernet.

Logging? I am not running a logging program. Just Flex and SmartSDR.

Acts like the CW decoder is running in the background and putting the Characters in the (Live) line. But the decoder is NOT running.

Just really weird. Probably some setting I can't find.

Thanks.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Birton, thanks for the info.

Paddle: Begali Connected to the Mac via Serial interface using the built in keyer provided for the Mac Software.

I think that this is the culprit. I believe that the Mac keyer is using CWX to provide the CW which I suspect is causing the issue.

Try plugging the paddles into the Key jack on the back of your 6600. That should fix the issue. If you really need to run the Mac keyer, check the manual for the Mac software to see if there is a setting that you might need to use.

One thought is to turn Live off and see if it makes a difference. Just shooting in the dark here...