Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

4.1 software and "split" antennas? Band interlock?

Options
Upgraded to 4.1 and now I cannot use two antennas on the same band, like I used to on 3.x.

Firmware version 4.1.6, FlexRadio 6600 on 3.5.9. Configured with Port A -> ANT1, Port B -> Ant 2. FDX enabled.

If I configure Slice A to use ANT1 for both RX and TX, then the AG works as expected.

But if I use ANT1 for RX and ANT2 for TX, then the AG "blocks" Port A (red color on all the buttons).

Same thing happens if I use two slices, Slice A with both RX and TX on ANT1 and Slice B with both RX and TX on ANT2. I can switch antenna ports just fine, as long as each slice is on a separate band.

As soon as the AG sees both ports on the same band, it locks one of them.

Is this a bug? Is there a workaround, other than downgrading, or operating the AG in manual mode?

Or is this band interlock here to stay?

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Downgrade back to 3.1.5

I keep telling people to NOT upgrade yet. There are features that are in 3.1.5 that are not in 4.1.6 such as the ability to disable protection and use two different antennas on the same band or build a super switch. I do not know if 4.1.6 will be the official released version of AG v4 or if additional features will be added (4O3A needs to answer that) but once an official version along with matching TG XL version are sent to Flex and then vetted, stay on the older versions.

Unless there is a specific feature new to 4.1.6 that you need and until Flex approves AG 4.x, stay on AG 3.1.5 and TG XL 1.1.20.

73 Dave wo2x

• sdelmont
    sdelmont Member ✭✭
    Options

Yeah, just downgraded. Will keep an eye on future releases but staying on 3.1.5 for now.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

And if you have the SO2R TG XL make sure there is a corresponding TG XL firmware release.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.