Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

split mode will not transmit

Options

When i go to split mode, B is TX but not key the 6400 , this is true on all bands.

Answers

• Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same issue here, remote

I gave up and use RIT -offset . It works locally with CW at least and afaik also SSB

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited July 2023
    Options

I seem to have the same issue with my 6400 running 3.4.24. It is intermittent. Most often, it does not work, then once in a while, it works fine.

I fooled with it and think I see the pattern:

Split

Transmit on Slice B

Doesn't work

Close Slice B

Close Split

Transmit briefly on Slice A (i.e. hit PTT button)

Split

Transmit on Slice B

Works every time

EDIT: Basically, tap the PTT just before clicking Split and it works.

• Ron Koenig
    Ron Koenig Member ✭✭
    Options

It's one of the 3.3 + Features, Sometimes you can make it work by toggling between modes.

This and the loss of persistence on RX antennas making the RX ports useless keeps us on 3.2.39 at the contest station...

Fingers Crossed for version 3.6.66

• DonE
    DonE Member ✭✭
    Options

I am running 2.9.2 never had a problem until now

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Trying to work today several expedition and it very annoying to open Split, close split, TX on A slice OK, open split, no TX on slice B, close split start over.

Takes several attempts to make it work.

Ver3.5.9

• N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same here.

• KD0RC
    Options

I had the problem on 3.4.24, but 3.5.9 seems to have resolved it for me. I'm running a plain 6400.

I will experiment with it to see if I can recreate the problem. In the meantime, I recommend submitting a help desk ticket.

• KD0RC
    Options

I was able to recreate the issue. The same fix outlined before works - tap the PTT before selecting SPLIT.

To recreate the issue:
    Open one slice
    click SPLIT 
    Press PTT - rig may or may not key up (i.e. go into transmit, but no RF out)
    Click SPLIT to close second slice
    Click SPLIT
    Press PTT - rig will not key up

• N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

>> The same fix outlined before works - tap the PTT before selecting SPLIT.

This is not a fix, just a workaround...

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This is intermittent and you have to do it several times unless it works

"To recreate the issue:
    Open one slice
    click SPLIT 
    Press PTT - rig may or may not key up (i.e. go into transmit, but no RF out)
    Click SPLIT to close second slice
    Click SPLIT
    Press PTT - rig will not key up"

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Oh well, tried to call TX7L on 18mhz SSB today. Spent 15min + to try to make SPLIT work. It would not transmit in SPLIT mode, period! In the end, opened 2nd Slice, added 5khz to TX7L TX frequency and work them.

When DX is lonely and not far away, you can dance around and try to figure out how to transmit, but sometimes you have a small window and do not have time to play.

Flex, PLEASE FIX THAT ISSUE ASAP.

Ver3.5.9

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.