Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to turn on level meter to work in receive,

Options
In the settings menu, under radio setup, the instructions says enable to use the level meter in receive. From there, where do I go to activate the level meter? If I key the mic, It transmits, turn the vox down, it works to some extent just speaking into the mic. What am I doing wrong? I'M sure I'm not following instructions somewhere. Thanks for any suggestions. Ken, K5GI

Best Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Ken, You turn on the level meter in Settings, Radio Setup, Phone/CW tab.

That's all there is to do. Now, when you speak into the mic while in receive mode, you should see the level meter follow along. Something like this:

Don't key the mic, just speak into it . The advantage of this is that you can now adjust the mic level without transmitting.

• knewberry
    knewberry Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi Len, Thanks for your advice. I tried it and it worked. I thought I had tried everything, but I guess not. Adjustment of mic is easy now. Thanks again. Ken, K5GI. 73

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Ken, I'm glad that you got it going. I use the feature all the time, even when I know that I don't need to adjust the level. To make sure which mic I am on, I just tap on the mic and look at the level. It also reminds me if I have left DAX on...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.