Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Workaround to SmartLink

Options

Some years ago OK1YA described a workaround solution with MicroTik boxes.

This solution is, for different reasons, not available any more.

Qestion: Is there anyone who has a similar solution ?

If so, I am very interested

Hans SM6BGA

Comments

• N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I'm very familiar with the MikroTik routers and I used the native OpenVPN implementation.

What kind of help do you need?

73, Max

• Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This could be the way to go

called EOIP .. for a non public scenario i think it is okay..

i prefer softethernet, as this is scalable without additional cost ( 1 Raspberry or clone needed at the remote side..can do more things too ).

Harry

DL9NDW

• Lasse SM5GLC
    Lasse SM5GLC Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Harry,

EoIP looks like a simple way to get a L2 tunnel running. Was watching the youtube video that is somewhat more up-to-date using V7 of Routerboard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J6h4nNY2kE Even so, the set-up process might be intimidating for a non-savvy TCP/IP-jockey :)

The Mikrotik EoIP needs two "static" IP and one have to set these up at both ends, and this might lead to problems.

What Hans really would like is a pre-configured pair of Mikrotik (or any other make) routers that he can plug in at local and remote site, and voila things work.

I have been exchanging ideas with Hans and trying to find a simple solution, and so far my bet would be runing a SoftEther server/client link (or bridge). Still setting up a SoftEther server is not trivial if you lack some the basic understanding on IP and routing. I have been playing with Mikrotik for some time and still is often overwhelmed with the acronyms and all the options when to solve an issue.

• sm6bga
    sm6bga Member ✭✭
    Options

Many, many thanks to Harry DL9NDW for helping me setting up SoftEther.

Hans SM6BGA

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.