Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Voice macros with SmartSDR for Mac

Options

I do not often use a microphone but did so today, working a few in CQWW SSB. I used a USB mic connected to a Mac mini and "remote" via LAN to the 6600 . All works well with good audio reports from the Blue Yeti mic . I used the same mic to record a few voice macros , they sound fine when played back on the Mac. However, when I execute the voice macros, there is hardly any RF evident on the RF Power meter . I assumed that perhaps I need to configure audio paths , mic gain, etc, but nothing I changed substantially altered the RF power being sent. The SmartSDR for Mac manual does not mention any special audio routing is needed , so I assume a "Mac" setting on the TX panel would be suffice. That however, did not lead to any success. The RF power meter gets to about 5 watts on peaks. I tried with DAX on and I also played around with the "enable DAX streaming" in the DAX settings, also the three different possible input device settings for the audio . All to no avail. So, I must be missing something simple/obvious. Ideas ?

Andy K3UK

Comments

• Dan Trainor
    Dan Trainor Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Andrew, there is a gear icon in upper left . Press that. Does Yetti USB Mic show up as a choice for mic input. Also turn DAX off, it id not needed. dan WA1QZX

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks Dan . I had things set correctly. I am not sure what was wrong BUT after rebooting the Mac, everything started working . Too late for the contest, but I was only casually in it. The software is very easy to set up for voice macros, not like the old days of recording things in Audacity .

73 de Andy K3UK

• W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am not at the computer, but as I recall, there is a TX Gain slider in the Voice Macros dialog box that should be checked.

W7NGA

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, I adjusted the slider but it did not change the problem. Rebooting the computer solved everything

Andy K3UK