Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartLink login fails.

Options

My radio works. I used to be able to log in using SmartLink but now it fails and I am not sure where to being fixing it.

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Cyril, what version of the software are you using? Due to recent events, you need to be on either 3.5.9 or 2.10.1 for SmartLink to work. If you are already on one of those, you should submit a help desk ticket.

• cyril
    cyril Member ✭✭
    Options

I am bit slow today. Are you referring to firmware of my 6400? or SmartSDR? I only ask because SmartSDR seems to be into version 6.2.6

• cyril
    cyril Member ✭✭
    Options

I have tested on 3 devices. 2 work fine. 1 fails. The one that fails is a new iPad that has no knowledge of the SmartLink credentials. But I cannot find a place to enter them.

Who. supports SmartSDR? SmartLink? And where do I go to get support?

Thanks in advance.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Cyril, the version of the firmware in the radio and the SmartSDR software on your computer must match. The latest versions of SmartSDR are 2.10.1 and 3.5.9. I'm not sure where you got the other number.

Flex supports SmartSDR and SmartLink, but not the Apple products which were developed and sold by a third party.

At the top of the main Flex Community page is a link to submit a help desk ticket.

• Dan Trainor
    Dan Trainor Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

SmartSDR for Mac and iOS client software fully supports the latest Flex firmware version and also fully supports the SmartLink remote service. See Apple App store for latest Apple versions. It is a 1-click install process. Note: You can also upgrade the Flex firmware directly from the Mac or iOS app. Finally, the functionality and reliability of Mac and iOS client software far exceeds that of the Windows version. de Dan WA1QZX

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

I have no doubt in the veracity of your final comment. It should make FlexRadio acutely embarrassed. It makes me wonder if I should leave all the dithering in software development by Flex behind and migrate to Mac.

• cyril
    cyril Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Thanks for the notes. I have resolved this issue. It is a bug in SmartSDR for iOS/iPadOS. I will add screen-shots later and explain the work-around.

• W0MPM John
    W0MPM John Member ✭✭
    Options

Cyril: Wonderful if you would share the screenshots and explain any work-around. It’s now Oct 25. I just purchased an iPad Pro 12.9 primarily to run SSDR-iOs and have the identical issue. Marcus is usually extremely prompt with fixes. Regards, JI

• cyril
    cyril Member ✭✭
    Options

Sorry. I have been traveling.

I fixed my problem by going to SmartSDR in settings on the iPad. Changing the entry titled ‘Document Storage’ to ‘On my iPad’. And that recovered my previous settings and allowed the SmartLink to come up. I still don’t have remote access, at this location, but SmartLink login works now.

Again sorry for the delay in responding.

• W0MPM John
    W0MPM John Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the update cyril. On a hunch I tried starting SmartSDR iOs from a location where the iPadPro was NOT on the local wifi and so didn’t see the radio. Smartlink setup menus worked as advertised and Smartlink info entered and back on the wifi both local and smartlink instances are in the radio list. I think somehow the existence of the local radio is/was blocking Smartlink setup.

Now I’m working through using the iPadPro (this is what it was intended for). A few glitches or maybe just learning curve.

The ‘Tools’ menu at the bottom of the display fails to load or exist. Right now I have a Genius 403 menu item (which I purchased) and that seems to work but the ‘Tool’ item is missing so access to other stuff is gone. This happend once then it came back and now it’s gone again.

• cyril
    cyril Member ✭✭
    Options

Is it possible you're using a version of iPadOS that Flex hasn't got around to supporting yet? I sense it is a very small team, possibly even a single person. But I am not sure. Even though my radio works, locally I have not got it working at this new location remotely. Yet. I think that is a port forwarding issue.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.