Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New to me Flex 6300 3.5.9 issues

Options
I am having some issues, Not sure if the SK whose estate I purchased to radio from had previous trouble.

issue 1, No output from the RCA PTT1- I have tried every conceivable variation and It wont give me a solid closure to key my ALPHA 8410- A helpdesk ticket was placed, BUT after further investigation the pin # 11 on the 6300 15 pin accessory keys the amp flawlessly. Software corruption was mentioned, guess thats my next step, as suggested by the helpTicket,

Then I came across issue 2, which blew my mind.

issue 2. Was a trouble I found by accident, KINDA.

Antenna 2 has an issue, when switching a dummyload from ant 1 to Ant 2 the VSWR goes thru the roof. Works perfectly fine on ANT 1. I used different cables AND loads, ant 2 presents High VSWR, on matched antenna and LOAD. Inspected the SO-239 looks FB.

In other words,
ANT 1 presents 50ohm load to TX
ANT 2 presents 3:1 plus match, everything being the same.

Any clues??

73 and thanks
Dean K2WW

Answers

• John K3MA
    John K3MA Member ✭✭
    Options

If it has the built in antenna tuner make sure it is in bypass when checking Ant1 and Ant2.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Dean, check the TX Band Settings. Make sure that RCA TX1 is checked for the bands that you want to use the amp on.

• K2WW
    K2WW Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies.

On the no output from tx RCA, the band setup is checked

On the tx issue on antenna 2

The tuner is in "bypass"

The tuner is in bypass.

The "ant 2" definitely has a tx issue. No degradation noticed on RX.

Thanks

Dean K2WW

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.