Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How many versions back do release notes go

Options
I just downloaded V3.5.9 to my 6600M and my PC's. Does the release notes for V3.5.9 contain the release note for older versions?

Or - do we have to keep all the older version release notes to cover prior upgrades to the software before V3.5.9?

Best Answers

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

HI @tgiro01 --- to answer your question directly, no, the 3.5.9 Release Notes do not include information on changes made in previous releases. If havng that information is important to you, it would be best to keep copies of the Release Notes from each release as you install it. You may find some of the release notes from previous versions in the documention support library. Documentation – FlexRadio

I'm not sure why you would want to refer back to previous releases, but please be aware that there have been releases lately from Flex where they specifically DO NOT RECOMMEND reverting to previous releases once you upgrade -- due to changes in internal databases, storage techniques, etc.

• tgiro01
    tgiro01 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

My concern is that documentation for features gets lost.

When I got my 6600M, it had V3.4.24 on it. I upgraded to 3.5.8, whose features were documented in the V3.5.8 release notes. They are not documented in the 6400M/6600M user guide.

Now I've upgraded to V3.5.9. The features, highlighted in the V3.5.8 upgrade are not in the V3.5.9 release notes, nor are they in the User guide. So, to keep documentation about the features of each release, one must keep the release notes for each release.

I have no intention to step backwards from current releases, except when the upgrade gets screwed, or something like that. However I want to keep documentation of new features.

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

@tgiro01 -- sounds good. As I mentioned and linked, there are previous versions of 'some' of the release notes available in the documentation library. Unfortunately, Flex does not keep a 'running list' of enhancements/bug fixes/etc. for all of the releases.

Flex is 'pretty good' at keeping the SmartSDR User Manual current, but you're right, it can sometimes get out of date, being 2 or 3 releases behind.

For your needs, it would probably be best to print off/download the release notes as they are published and keep them in a binder or folder.

Answers

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don’t believe prior version release notes are relevant to upgrading to 3.5.9 from any prior SSDR version.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.