Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Spots from RUMLogNG won't clear on SmartSDR for Mac

Options

First time today trying to use RUMlogNG contest module (CQWW SSB) with SmartSDR for Mac. I am having a lot of trouble with spots.

Somehow I got spots from RUMlogNG to show on the panadaptor, but they never go away, and just stack up on top of each other forever. I have shut down both RUMlogNG and SmartSDR Mac, rebooted, and then just restarted SmartSDR only, but the spots still show if I have SmartSDR, Preferences, Spots, FlexRadio Spots enabled (which I think I need in order to show any spots from an external app). If I disable FlexRadio Spots, the spots disappear, but come right back when I reenable Flexradio Spots.

How can I clear those spots, and then set them to decay after some time?

Is FlexRadio Spots the right menu choice for displaying spots from RUMlogNG? (I am using the RUMlogNG Spot to Flex feature).

I am really struggling to get spots from RUMlogNG to work properly with SmartSDR for Mac. Any help or guidance much appreciated...

73, Steve AK0M

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Steve, under Settings, Spots... try the Clear All Spots button instead of shutting everything down.

I use ACLog by N3FJP, and my spots disappear after a while. You might want to check in the RUMLog documentation to see if there is an option to drop them after a preset amount of time. It is up to the application setting the spots how long they will stay on screen.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

From the RUMLogNG documentation:

It looks like you can set the spot duration using this window.