Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600M: No VOX with Heil ProSet-7 - Help?

Options

Hi All,

I am having trouble with getting VOX to work at all with my Heil ProSet-7. The headset is connected to the back of the radio. Manual MOX works fine and the audio levels and quality are excellent. I am using the dynamic mic element with the 20dB boost activated. A mic setting of 70 produces peaks right at about -5dB on the level indicator.

When selected on the computer SmartSDR client the VOX does nothing. Also, I can't find the VOX enable from the Maestro client on the radio. The DAX is off. I have tried various VOX settings with no change. I am not finding any help in the manual.

Clearly I am missing something. Could you a bit of help here.

Thanks!

Chuck

de NJ6D / N7KU

Best Answer

• cfclaver
    cfclaver Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I found the(a) solution...

When using multiple clients you need to enable "local PTT" for the client you want to key the radio from in the multiFlex Dashboard. At least this is what works for me at the moment.

This not spelled out in the user guides - at least what i have read so far.

Best, Chuck

Answers

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    Options

On the Maestro, the VOX enable is next to the VOX slider (press the MIC knob on the Maestro). You can also setup a Maestro function key F1-6 to toggle VOX.

AL, K0VM

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Always helps to consult the manual. Sec. 21.4.4 of the 6400M/6600M User Guide (How to Configure VOX).

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not really true, unless DAX captures the audio in with a voice keyer or other data above the threshold. See Sec. 21.4.7 (DAX TX Channel and Microphone Interaction).

• cfclaver
    cfclaver Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the pointer where to find the VOX control on the radio based Maestro. VOX seems to work from here, and transmits on the frequency indicated. However, I still cannot get VOX to work from the computer based client. I am running two clients at the same time - Maestro on the radio and SmartSDR on my computer. I would like to the computer be my main operating locations with the radio Maestro as a monitor / search and pounce on another band.

I have followed the VOX config in Sec 21.4.4 but nothing from the computer based client. From the computer client I can initiate MOX and the mic works fine. I am not trying to run a voice keyer (yet), just want to key the transmit from the computer with VOX - not just MOX.

Do I have to reroute the mic audio through DAX to get the computer client to recognize it?

Thanks!

Chuck

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.