Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

trouble using INRAD 629 or W-1 mics with MacMini M2 Pro and SmartSDR for Mac

Options
Anyone solved the problem of using either the INRAD desktop mic 629 (dynamic element) or W-1 headset mic (dynamic element) with SmartSDR for Mac. I have a M2 MacMini Pro. Airpod Pros work since I can get them recognized as an input source for mics on the MacMini. However, I have been unable to get the MAC to recognize the INRAD mics as an input source. Any assistance would be much appreciated.
thanks Ed N40C

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

I have a MAC Mini M1 and have a Belkin laptop dock plugged in the USB-C. Needed it for the second HDMI monitor. The Belkin has a TRRS 3.5 mm jack for audio, also known as a CTIA jack. I bought a Y cable at Micro Center that has a TRRS male on one end and a headphone and mic female jack on other ends. I plug my TX audio source into the MIC jack of the Y cable.

In the gear on top bar in SmartSDR for MAC I select the USB audio device as the input (that is how the Belkin appears.

Note - If you use a PTT wired to the radio it will expect the see a mic connected to the radio.

73 Dave wo2x

• N4OC
    N4OC Member ✭✭
    Options

Dave-- thanks for the quick response. Much appreciated. I'll proceed!

73 Ed N4OC

• N4OC
    N4OC Member ✭✭
    Options

Dave-- what model Belkin dock are you using or recommend!

thanks Ed

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Belkin part number INC004BTSGY

it is the 11 in 1 USB-C dock

73 Dave wo2x

• N4OC
    N4OC Member ✭✭
    Options

thanks Dave.. Looks like a good one.

I'll check it out. By the way, what mic are you using?

73 Ed N4OC