Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600M: Split IF transverter connections

Options
Hi All,

I am deep into integrating the new 6600M into the station. I need some tips on how to integrate a split IF transverter. I have the Q5 multi-band transverter that I had been using with my Flex 5000a where I had it configured with split IF.

The how-to videos and other documentation for the 6000 series of radios assume a common IF. Is it as simple as connecting the TX line to XVTR out and RX line to Ant A or B followed by configuring the right antenna ports on the slice flag? What is the correct approach to connect a split IF transverter?

Any pointers and or tips are welcome.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• cfclaver
    cfclaver Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I figured it out. Itis described in the thread below. Basically you connect the TX line to one of the XVTR ports and the RX to one of the other ports. I am using RX and XVTR B. One you select the XVTR band (eg 432) configure the antennas accordingly. This is covered in the following thread:

https://community.flexradio.com/discussion/5598702/connecting-transverters-to-flex-6700

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Maybe the easiest is to contact Q5 about how to convert it to common IF. I think it is an easy conversion (jumper maybe?).

Otherwise, if you hook the XVTA to the input of the transverter and RXA to the output, I think it will work. Then in SmartSDR (or on the front panel), set the transmit antenna to XVTA and the receive antenna to RXA. I would not connect either ANT1 or ANT2 to the transverter for fear of accidentally sending 100 W into it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.