Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

[DXLab] Commander to 4o3a Antenna Genius

Options
n8wrl
n8wrl Member ✭✭

I asked this question on the DXLab reflector, thought I'd try here too...

I love the Antenna Genius connected to my Flex. I still use my Yaesu FTdx5000MP and would like to use Commander to send frequency to the Antenna Genius to get the same automated switching I get with Flex. 

Anyone doing this?

73!

-Brian n8wrl

Answers

• Rich M5RIC
    Rich M5RIC Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Brian,

Don't think you'd control it from software, the 5000MP has a band data port on the back, simply connect this up to the port you have the 5000 connected to on the Antenna Genius e.g. Flex on Port A and 5000 on Port B.

With the latest V4.x utility software for the AG you just choose to use BCD or P2P connection with one of the ports - prior to V4 you had to use the dip switches to change the connection type but this is no longer needed from V4 onwards.

Then when you change band on the radio, the AG will switch automatically just like the flex does.

Rich

• n8wrl
    n8wrl Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Rich!

I was hoping to avoid running a cable from the 5000 to the AG out at the tower. AG is connected to my network and gets its marching orders via the network protocol from the App. I was hoping I could control the App/AG via their published TCP/IP protocol from DXLab's Commander, which already knows the freq/band from the radio via CAT. The author of DXLab says no-can-do. so there you go!

-Brian n8wrl

• Rich M5RIC
    Rich M5RIC Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Ah ok, there might be another way so possibly someone else might comment. I've just done something similar with a K3 to the second port and just ran a cable from the radio. My AG is inside however so not much of an issue.

Cheers

Rich

• n8wrl
    n8wrl Member ✭✭
    Options

I appreciate the idea. Thank you!

-Brian n8wrl

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.