Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Line In Flex 6400m

Options

Hello, I have an issue with the dax drivers and filled out a help desk form with Flex. I was told there was a problem with dax drivers and they were working on new ones. So for the time time being I am using a Signalink USB via the 15 pin acc on the back of my rig. All seems to be working except the max rf out is 20 watts. With WSJT sliders are maxed out and so are the windows control for the Signalink. Is there some setting that I maybe be missing in the SmartSDR software? Any input would sure help. Thanks

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Ross, assuming that the level slider is all the way up, you may just not have enough audio available to drive a line-in input. Try the mic jack and see if that works better. You will likely have to turn down the level and/or turn off the +20 dB amp in Radio Setup.

Using the mic jack is probably sub-optimal if you also run SSB, but it might get you by until the DAX drivers are available for Win 11.

• Ross Slater
    Ross Slater Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Len thanks for you suggestion I will give it a try.

• Ross Slater
    Ross Slater Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Is the acc audio i/o differential / balanced ?

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Single ended. So you just need 2 connections; one to the line input and the other to ground.

• Ross Slater
    Ross Slater Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you

• Ross Slater
    Ross Slater Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you all for the help I am temporally back on the digital modes until DAX driver update.

• RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Ross I need to ask...exactly who at Flex told you the Dax Drivers had an issue and they were being updated?

I use digital modes all the time with no issues with Dax...

• Ross Slater
    Ross Slater Member ✭✭
    Options

Tim was the one that responded.

You have done all of the "tricks" we generally use to get DAX to install on newer PCs running Win11 and Win10

I spoke to our sustaining engineering team regarding your issue. They confirmed that the issue is a software defect with the DAX driver and that a new driver will be needed to address this issue. We are currently working on a new DAX driver but I do not have an ETA as to when it might be available.

This issue has been logged as defect number: SMART-8210

Unfortunately, at this time there are no known workarounds.

• RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the information…

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.