Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smartlink down again

Options
I can’t connect again as of this morning and there are no further comments on the message board that I can see beyond Sept 17.

Comments

• Mike W8MM
    Mike W8MM Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same problem. I submitted a helpdesk ticket early this morning and got a response that Flex was looking into it. At 8:52 AM EDT I received a response that SmartLink was back up. I tried to connect several hours later and it was down at my location (Cincinnati, OH).

I'm using SmartSDR for iOS on my iPhone (via Verizon 5G) and SmartSDR for MacOS on my iMac (ethernet via office LAN/WAN) and the symptoms are the same where the "Registering" phase eventually times out with no response to form the radio choser.

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Down in Cincinnati, but working fine in Dayton.

• Mike W8MM
    Mike W8MM Member ✭✭
    Options

Pretty weird. I wonder if it's internet peering issues or if it's isolated to iOS/MacOS users?

• Mike W8MM
    Mike W8MM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Bingo. And, just like that it works again over Verizon 5G and office LAN/WAN.

DNS server change that takes a while to propagate?????

• ronsmithmd
    Options
    Not working just now again after working just about an hour ago. On again off again could be DNS servers with misconfigured dns slaves. This is probably a capacity issue though.
  • Mike W8MM
    Mike W8MM Member ✭✭
    Options

And .... it's back down again. Very strange.

• Mike W8MM
    Mike W8MM Member ✭✭
    Options

And, ... now it works again. Tripple strange.

• Mike W8MM
    Mike W8MM Member ✭✭
    Options

Worked great last night and this morning .... now down again.

• Mike W8MM
    Mike W8MM Member ✭✭
    Options

Now it works again.

• VE6WZ
    VE6WZ Member ✭✭
    Options

mine working on-off too.

Audio stream to remote very choppy and "clicky".

Steve, ve6wz

• Mike W8MM
    Mike W8MM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

............................................................................................................................................................................................

Well, ... There have been more than "2 additional rounds" of the problem. I find it quite frustrating because Flex seems fairly punctual about fixing the "lingering issues" during their office hours. My problems are most apparent to me at about 5:40 AM Texas time.

I use SmartLInk for my morning drive to my office to go "mobile" and check into a net with friends. It worked great for many years.

Now, it doesn't work that way anymore, and I wonder what changed to cause this issue in the first place.

Did a fix for something that wasn't broken have unanticipated consequences?

Are some script-kiddies pointing a DoS attack at the token server?

• Mike W8MM
    Mike W8MM Member ✭✭
    Options

As of now (7:20 AM Texas time) it works just fine.

• Pete La
    Pete La Member ✭✭
    Options

I can’t get here in Augusta GA. It times out every time, and tells me there’s an error trying to accessing Smartlink. Clown show continues.