Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

"Remote On" hardware to control the power supply

Options
I've been working on a "Remote On" setup for my Flex Radio 6600M. I used an Amazon Alexa smart plug and the Digital Loggers relay as suggested by Flex Radio in the following places:
https://www.flexradio.com/products/flexradio-approved-remote-on-plug-and-play-kit/
https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/202847169-Remote-Power-On-Options-for-the-FLEX-6000
I have that configured and it is working great. Then, I started looking for a solution to remote control my power supply as well. I would like to use a smart plug of some sort so I can configure a routine with a two minute delay between turning off the radio and cutting the power supply. There are a few suggestions in the above links, like using the Digital Loggers Pro Switch. However, all the suggestions seem to point to devices that are only rated to 15 amps. I routinely see my 6600M pulling 16 amps. Have any of you come up with a solution to this? 73

Answers

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

16 amps at 110 volts is 1,760 watts. That seems like a lot for a 100-watt transceiver. I have used a Wemo smart plug for six years without an issue.

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Don,

16 Amps @ 14 VDC, not 120VAC

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

16 amps at 14 volts is probably around 4 amps @ 115 volts.

• Don Pezet
    Options
    Ah, I did not take that into account. Thank you!
  • AA1SS
    AA1SS Member ✭✭
    Options

I use Teckin power strips from Amazon. Can turn outlets on individually right from smart phone. Turn on power supply, computer can even reset router if I need to. Can connect and disconnect antenna with my 1289 antenna switch. I run DYn DNS so Im always connected.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.