Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

v3.5.9 Audio pops and dropouts

Options

I operate remote often, and although my next trip won't be for two weeks, I went ahead and updated from v3.5.8 to v3.5.9 last night. Everything went okay, and I worked a few stations on digital.

Today, I am actively participating in five state QSO parties and immediately noticed annoying audio pops and dropouts. I have read of this issue in other postings, but this is the first time I've experienced it first hand.

My suspicion is that v3.5.9 broke something that was previously working.

Rusty - W3US

Comments

• jay KB8O
    Options
    I went back to 3.3.33 which for me has worked better than any other version and the audio pops are still there, for me this all started right around the smartlink issue.
  • Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I do not use my station remote. Yet. I am on windows 11 pro. I noticed sometime along the way after changing my windows 10 computer for the new windows 11 jobby, I developed pops in WSJTx... I was able to "fix" or tame that issue after going all through my station adding addition grounding as in a short line through the shack wall to the base of the tower... gaak,,, all sorts of ferrite, all the standard stuff with absolutely zero benefit...

Finally after turning off the audio and removing drivers to the monitors.... and all that goober, I went into SETTINGS, SOUND, AUDIO, all sound devices, I think you'll recognize all the DAX stuff in there. Change DAX that you use to not allow other apps or windows to use the devices (mic might need to stay) then I selected 1 channel, 24Khz studio quality for the things I used. Of course Dax TX fixed the transmitter issue on WSJTx. See if any of this stuff helps with your popping on remote... Erika DD

• Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Current status here :

3.5.9 installed and seems to work good so far. Some remote users have already been using it , and locally also no hickups reboots etc..

According to announcements ALL USERS shall ( MUST ) update do not influence others !

Harry DL9NDW

• Bogdan SP8BRE
    Bogdan SP8BRE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options
    since version 3.4.21 smartlink does not work properly, audio is torn
    LAN works fine in the home network
    smart link worked best on version 3.3.33, version 3.5.9 does not change anything, still RX is bad

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.