Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR not installing on Surface pro 7

Options

I cannot get any version of SmartSDR to load onto my Surface Pro 7, it will download and then through all the dialogue boxes, then shuts down when installing. I have tried earlier versions with no luck, i have deleted all other versions, rebooted the computer. Any suggestions

Comments

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

What version of Windows? Have you had SmartSDR running on the Surface Pro 7 in the past?

Sometimes Windows Firewall will block installation of programs. You might try turning your Firewall off to see if SmartSDR will install.

James

WD5GWY

• Kevin King
    Kevin King Member ✭✭
    Options

James

I tried that with no Luck, I have previously used SmartSDR on this with no issues, It appears to not install any version of SmartSDR will not install

Kevin

• Rich M5RIC
    Rich M5RIC Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Tri this, seems to have worked for me and many others.

1. Right click on the .exe file for the new version where you downloaded it
    2. Select Troubleshoot compatibility
    3. Choose 'Try recommended settings'
    4. Click 'Test the program

This should then run through the install process as normal.

• Kevin King
    Kevin King Member ✭✭
    Options

Rich

Thanks! that worked, I about pulled out what little hair i have left

kevin

KG9FI

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.