Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Router or Switch?

Options

I am not a network person, so please take it easy on me.

I am trying to set up my Flex 6500 for a Ca QSO Party Expedition. I will be in my motorhome on the side of Highway 41 in Kings County.

I am trying to set up a wired network. I will have the radio, computer and Maestro. I will not have internet access.

Can I use an unmanaged switch to connect the devices or do I need a router??

Thanks

Kent

N6WT

Best Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Kent, an unmanaged switch will work great. That is how I am set up during Field Day and other in-camper operations.

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I suggest considering a 100 mbs switch. It’s plenty adequate for the quantity of data and will often outperform a 1gb switch.

Answers

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.