Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

File Transfer Error on New 6400 when Downgrading to 3.3.33

Options

I have a 6400, TGXL, and PGXL all in a rack and on the same network. I run 3.3.33 which works great. I have not upgraded just yet. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I just bought a new 6400 as a backup and wanted to bench-test it and put it away. My goal is to set it up as a duplicate in every way to the current 6400.

When I connected it to power and the LAN, SmartSDR found it just fine and as expected, indicated the new radio needs to be downgraded to my current version 3.3.33 as the radio presumably came loaded with 3.5.8.

I started the process and the yellow bar started moving to the right, and then a "File Transfer Error" popped up. I clicked it and started over, the yellow bar kept moving to the right and then the same error popped up. I kept doing this and each time the yellow bar made more progress, but I gave up as I didn't want to corrupt the new radio. Also tried rebooting the new radio to see if it would complete the downgrade without the error. No such luck.

I realize a solution would be to upgrade to the version the new radio came with but as I said, 3.3.33 is working almost perfectly for me.

Any suggestions as to why this error is popping up?

Tagged:

Answers

• NG0Z
    NG0Z Member ✭✭
    Options

Perhaps a Factory Reset

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Upgrading everything to 3.5.8 is probably the way to go and is what I would do.

There have been fixes to the SD card part of the system since 3.3.33, so in a way, what you have is broke, and waiting to fail. 3.5.8 should prevent that.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.