Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Autoswitch antenna ports for Xverter use based on band !

Options

I have a VHF (144M) Xverter on RX_A for RX and XVTA for TX, and an UHF one on XVTB/XVTB (single IF ports). Why can't you program in the transverter definitions which ports to switch to, according to band? Ie: If the slice is on 144Mhz, to switch that slice to RX_A/XVTA, and so on?

I'm wracking my brain trying to make a Node Red flow to do this, but many radios natively can select an antenna choice based on frequency band.

Charlie KB8CR

2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Charlie,

I think you already can but you must switch by BAND and not switch by changing frequency to the new band. ??? At least that seems like the way it works for me. Switching bands by changing frequency preserves the antenna selections of the previous band.

AL, K0VM

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

Profiles work as well. I have a profile for 6M that uses ANT2. Other bands use ANT1. When I load a profile the correct antenna is selected. Oh, and I have a 2M transverter on the XVTR port that is selected when I load a 2M profile. This is on a 6400.

• Charlie_KB8CR
    Charlie_KB8CR Member ✭✭
    Options

Profiles worked fine on the Windows version, but were crashing the Mac version. I now have a Node Red flow that looks at the frequency of each slice and selects the antenna ports for me.

Thanks,

Charlie KB8CR

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.