Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

F key question

Options

Have a 6400M with latest SSDR. When I press one of the F keys to send a recorded message is there a way to halt the transmission of that message? I'm using mostly cw but I imagine it would be the same for any mode.

Fred, K0FG

Answers

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have not tried it, but Sec 37.7 of the 6400M/6600M User Guide says “a second long or short press (of an “F” button) reverses the action of the first press.”

• K0FG_Fred
    K0FG_Fred Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes Neil that is what it says in the user manual but it does not work for me.

I push the F1 key and it xmits my callsign. While the radio is sending I hit the F1 key a second time and it stacks a repeat of my callsign and sends it as soon as the first transmission is completed. So my call is sent twice. Same thing happens with a long press of the F keys. So I hit the F1 key and then hit it a second time and then hit the F1 key long press, just to try it a different way. The radio sent my call twice and then sent the exchange, which is what is stored in F1 long press.

Does a second short or long press work for anyone else? Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Fred, K0FG

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

The second tap of the F key does not stop a message for me either. What does work is a tap of the key or paddles. It stops the transmission of the message immediately.

• K0FG_Fred
    K0FG_Fred Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes that does stop the message during transmission. Maybe an update to the manual is in order?

Thanks

Fred, K0FG

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Use the escape key.

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Where would the Escape key be located on a 6400M or a 6600M?

I have never seen one on mine. Maybe, that works in SmartSDR for Windows. But, not the front panel.

James

WD5GWY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.