Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smartlink down Aug 5th, 2023?

Options

Greetings All...is anyone experiencing issues with Smartlink today? I have done all I know how to connect locally to my transceiver however I continually receive the message saying "there are currently no radios available". Again, I am trying to connect locally to it and having zero success.

Moments ago, I tried my tablet and I am not able to connect to the transceiver remotely either.

Anyone experiencing the same issues? Thank you in advance.

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Hector, when connecting locally, you don't use SmartLink. Can you connect without using SmartLink?

Is your tablet on the same network as your radio? If so,bit is a local connection band should not use SmartLink.

• Hector W2NPR
    Hector W2NPR Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Len,

Thanks for the reply. With how fast software changes I cannot keep up anymore with all else I have to do hihi. I tried without logging into SmartLink and I still get the no radios available error. Tonight, my tablet is on the same network as the radio and it cannot connect. I also tried connecting the tablet to a cellular hotspot and the result is the same.

• KD0RC
    Options

Ah, ok. Do you have a PC that can be plugged directly into your radio? My suspicion is a network issue, and a direct connection would verify that the radio itself is ok. This will require re-booting your radio.

You might also want to try rebooting your router to see if that helps.

• Hector W2NPR
    Hector W2NPR Member ✭✭
    Options

I have not yet connected direct to it. I will try that and report back. Thanks Len!

• Hector W2NPR
    Hector W2NPR Member ✭✭
    Options

Ok I attempted to direct connect with my computer set to the same network and I cannot connect. Set to DHCP and still cannot find it. Strangely, on WIFI, it shows available but fails to connect generating 4 or 5 consecutive errors on the screen saying unable to connect to the radio.

• KD0RC
    Options

Hi Hector, can you connect when you are not using your network? In other words, plug one end of an ethernet cable into the radio, and the other end into the computer. You will need to restart the computer and radio. They both need to start fresh so that they find each other.

If that does not work, try exporting your profiles, then do a factory reset on the radio. If the direct connection still does not work, then you should submit a help desk ticket.

If the direct connection does work, then you have an issue with your network that needs to be resolved.

• Hector W2NPR
    Hector W2NPR Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Len,

Thanks for the input kind sir. I still cannot conenct directly, rebooting both the PC and the radio, I have swept a vast IP range while directly connected to the radio and I cannot find its IP address. It appears to me that the network card has failed. It is too bad that it is not a field replaceable item. I have opened a ticket with the helpdesk so hopefully they know why this is happening. Best to you and yours Len.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.