Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I'm still getting audio through computer speakers even when PC Audio button is off

Options
Hello to the forum
I still get audio through my computer speakers even though the PC audio button is off. If anyone could help trouble shoot the issue with a suggestion(s) it would be much appreciated
Tim
KD8VOO

Best Answer

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Check the Windows audio mixer and devices. Be sure that no DAX device is shown as an audio source. Windows often discovers the DAX devices and tries to use them. This is the most likely cause of your audio problem.

73, Craig KØCF

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Tim, I assume that you have a Flex 6000 series transceiver running SmartSDR. What other programs are running besides SmartSDR? Is something else processing DAX audio and sending it to your PC speakers?

• twb202
    twb202 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I'm not running any other program along with SmartSDR. On occassion I'll run Slice-Master with Smart SDR. It's just a little frustrating. I'm sure I **** something up. Thank you for the response.
    Tim
    KD8VOO

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.