Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

2m on 6700 -- which antenna port do I use?

Options

Hi guys... sorry if this is a 'newbie' question, but I did check the hardware manual, SmartSDR manual and a search of the forum... :-)

If I want to use the 6700 on 2m, what port do I attach an antenna to? I know the 6700 only puts out 100mW to the transverter output? But do I attach the receive antenna to the same port? I ask because I have an antenna connected to ANT1, but I don't seem to be receiving any signals (yes, I've selected ANT1 on the slice receiver :-) )

Thanks

Answers

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    Options
  • VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks Mike... so I'm assuming I could also use the RX-A or -B if I only wanted to receive on 2m? Or is this the only one, period?

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

If I Remember correctly the XVTR port is a TX/RX Port, you can of course change the RX Antenna Port but it really gains you nothing I always use JUST the XVTR Port here on my 6700's

RXA and RXB are just bypassing the TX/RX Relay on ANT1 and ANT2 ports but on these the RX sig levels are in the toilet

• Bill AB7AA
    Bill AB7AA Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Bret is exactly correct on the antenna switching of the 6700. I would highly recommend the Q5 LDPA 2M amplifier as a plug-n-play solution for 2M. It simply connects to the xverter port for both xmit and rcv. It performs well, is reliable, and Corey supports his products with excellent service. He is also quite patient assisting on setup. An optional USB bit cable can automatically turn the amp on/off.

Bill AB7AA

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.