Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SDR not tracking on display

Options

Morning all, My sdr is not tracking from the radio. what button did i push????

KB4OIF

John

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi John, I don't understand... Can you post a screenshot of SmartSDR and let us know what radio model and software version you are using?

• KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    Options

6600M V3.4.24

• AA1SS
    AA1SS Member ✭✭
    Options

OK . . . So what is NOT tracking??

• KD0RC
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hi John, so when you say not tracking, do you mean that the front panel display is not the same as SmartSDR on the computer?

If so, it is because SmartSDR is a "GUI Client" and the front panel is also a GUI Client. Each GUI Client operates independently (notice that it says multiFLEX on the bottom of your screen). This allows two operators to independently operate the radio.

I think that you probably want SmartControl. This will allow you to have the panadapter and waterfall on the computer while the knobs and buttons operate the same slices shown on SmartSDR.

Look up SmartControl in the manual and you will see how to turn it on and use it. I am not at my computer right now, so I don't have a good way to send you a link to the manual.

• KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    Options

Is it in the quick start guide or the service manual. See nothing in t he Quick start guide. I see smart control on the 6600M and try to get it to work but it reverts back to Multiflex.

• KD0RC
    Options

It's in the user manual. I'll post a link when I get back to my shack.

I think that it goes back to multiFLEX because your front panel is set to automatically connect. I'm not sure which option sets that, but it is in the user manual somewhere.

• KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Len. I read the section on Multiflex but could not see SmartControl.

• KD0RC
    Options

Hi John,

See section 11 starting on page 50 for how to use SmartControl.

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@KB4OIF

Have you a panadapter running on both the computer and the rig? You're in Multiflex not smart control.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.