Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Microsoft Windows 11 (Sound & Mic Drivers)

Options

Hello I loaded Smart SDR on my Dell G-3 15 Windows 11 laptop this evening. And when I went to device manager I saw these exclamation icons next to each driver. Did something not install right ? Or is this a glitch with Microsoft Windows 11.

Thank you.

Best Answers

• KG5PTE
    KG5PTE Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi this problem was resolved by submitting a help desk ticket. The issue is with Microsoft Windows 11

Article Here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/device-protection-in-windows-security-afa11526-de57-b1c5-599f-3a4c6a61c5e2#memoryintegrity

Microsoft says this feature is with Windows 10 but when I checked my versions of Windows 10 I did not see this option. But it is with my Dell G-3 15 Windows 11 laptop.

To disable Memory Integrity select Start, type ‘Core Isolation’ into the taskbar, and click on the Core Isolation result to open the Windows security app. From this page, you can turn off the toggle for Memory Integrity. You can re-enable Memory Integrity by simply changing the on/off toggle to "on".

Once I did this the drivers loaded up fine.

Thank you Ken Wells (NM9P) For this information I appreciate the help.

• rdwing
    rdwing Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

The issue isn't with Windows 11, it's with insecure drivers that have not been updated to support VBS (virtualization based security).

Disabling Core Isolation is a hacky move at best and robs you of a fairly substantial layer of protection you otherwise would have enjoyed. VBS type features have been around since Windows 10, and the incoming security features have been widely publicized and documented in the developer world.

Core Isolation is enabled by default on new Windows 11 machines and fresh Windows 11 installations if the hardware meets the requirements...which generally any windows 11 machine is going to meet due to the more stringent hardware requirements for the OS.

Memory integrity is a critical component that protects and hardens Windows by running kernel mode code integrity within the isolated virtual environment of VBS. Memory integrity also restricts kernel memory allocations that could be used to compromise the system, ensuring that kernel memory pages are only made executable after passing code integrity checks inside the secure runtime environment, and executable pages themselves are never writable.

Flex has promised a few times now to bring their stack into the modern era, but we are still waiting...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.