Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TGXL bug, not sure when to trust a tuning

Options
Sergey KN7K
Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭

I have intermittent TGXL High(er) SWR during TX.

I would see something like 2.2-23 SWR, click on Tune show me it tuned to 1.05 or so, but all Potentiometers stays at "0".

I click bypass and my SWR is about 1.5 (Steppir Antenna).

Disable Bypass and it again SWR=2.2-2.3.

Power cycle TGXL, SWR without Bypass is good, around1.05.

Happened 2-3 times over last few months, last time today.

Hopefully 4O3A engineers read that forum sometimes. FW ver-1.1.16

Sergey, KN7K

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

If you are using a SteppIR, why not just enter the info to bypass those bands? One less thing in circuit to cause issues.

My remote in Hawaii is using a MonstIR so tuner in circuit only on 60 thru 160

can you explain why you need the tuner in circuit with a SteppIR?

Dave wo2x

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah, I can explain. If "Enable Bypass" function would work ...

I reported that before and 4o3a team said will look into it. Enable Bypass does not do anything from that screen, only Main Window big button "Byp" would put TGXL to Bypass mode. Please do not tell me that I have to remember to turn it ON and Off on each band when I needed.

I know Dave you advocate for TGXL and Flex a lot and I really appreciate it. But I need to bring it to 4o3a attention that it should be fixed. If 4o3a team will ask I can capture video next time to demonstrate.

Regardless Steppir, I need to know that SWR is real and not fixed by power cycle.

Thanks

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

I see you checked the Enable Bypass but never defined the range (in KHz).

For 20 meters try Enable Bypass and enter a start of 14000.0 and end of 14350.0

Works here on 1.1.16 firmware.

P.S. It is in the getting started with the SO2R tuner video I did on Flex’s YouTube channel.

Dave wo2x

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    Options

"I see you checked the Enable Bypass but never defined the range (in KHz)" - Yes, I did, screenshot was cut to that filed.

Dave, if you interested to dig more, please review previous posts when other folks have the same issue ans response from Marko.

Marko, said fix for Bypass mode will be available in a week , in February.

I did not see it.

Intermittent High SWR (wrong reading) is a secondary issue, that fixed by Power cycle. That's a weird one because I do not know when reading is real or not.

Sergey, KN7K

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.