Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Bluetooth

Options
Hi does Smart SDR and or the Flex 6400 have Bluetooth capability ?

Thank you.

Best Answer

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, to answer your query directly, the Flex radios have no built-in BT capability.

Answers

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hi again... it depends on what you mean by 'bluetooth capability'. If you mean 'can I attach a bluetooth headset and use it for mic/headphone?', then the answer depends upon the PC's bluetooth capability thru the 'PC Audio' button at the top of the interface.

In the past, there has been difficulties getting the BT Hdph/mics to work but I believe most this has been resolved. Best bet would be to do a search in this community on Bluetooth headsets (or equivalent) to see what other people have discovered in their attempts. I tried it a few years ago, but wasn't able to get it to work and went to a wired solution.

However, time has passed :-) and others may have had more success than I.....

• KG5PTE
    KG5PTE Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hello well I did not think about the PC Desktop or Laptop or IMAC having B/T but yes the Computers (Both PC's & Macs do) I know with the Iphone 14 Pro I can use my Apple ear buds with Smart SDR I seen my other ham friends and Flex users, use them. I have the Apple ear buds as well as a Blue Parrot B/T headset. So I can sync the B/T headset to my PC and talk away using smart SDR. That is cool. But actually I was asking if the FLEX Radio (Unit itself) has B/T built into it. But I guess with the PC's & IMAC and Iphone having B/T capability it does not matter now Thank you.
  • Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

On the other hand, using a 6400M/6600M by itself with no computer, iPhone or iPad, no Bluetooth available.

• KG5PTE
    KG5PTE Member ✭✭
    Options
    I operated those at the Dayton Hamvention while at the Flex booth after I ordered my 6400and Maestro I almost went for the M model.

Thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.