Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro setup issues with 6600M (LAN)

Options
Sandor
Sandor Member ✭✭
edited June 2023 in Networking
Start this with 2 blanket statements 1) I CANNOT use SmartLink internet latency is a huge issue (670 ms pings) 2) the Maestro and the 6600M are used and previously set up so not a new install.

I can get the Maestro to work just fine on the ethernet switch connected to the radio and the computer at the main radio but that is not practical to run another 50ft run back to the room I would use the Maestro in the most or if I wanted to sit on the porch and play radio via WiFi connection

The problems start when I try to connect via WiFi or another elthernet cable connected to the Viasat modem.

First I cannot get any connection but multiflex to connect using the Maestro. That is NOT what I want. I want ONLY the Maestro to control the 6600M or do I?

I also cannot get a panadapter or speaker audio.

WiFi and the connection to the modem see the radio and I can get a disconnect and have the proper radio (no multiflex showing) but multiflex shows immediately as the connection is made.

I am basically an appliance operator regarding network settings ect and I use android devices.

Thanks
Sandor

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Do you have a router after the Viasat equipment (such as a Netgear, Linksys, or other router?

Dave wo2x

• Sandor
    Sandor Member ✭✭
    Options
    Dave, I do no
  • Sandor
    Sandor Member ✭✭
    Options
    According to the research I did the Wireless Gateway's 2 ethernet ports can be used for a LAN
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

I’d try powering down the radio and Maestro. Remove power from both.

Apply power to the 6600M and wait two minutes before powering it up. Then start the radio. Once the radio is powered up, apply power and start the Maestro.

If the radio front panel automatically connects to the radio and has the panadapter displayed, tap Menu, the Radio, and Switch Versions. This will bring the radio back to the chooser screen with no clients connected.

see if the Maestro sees the radio without SmartLink. Try to connect. It should start without MultiFlex.

When you see MultiFlex displayed, if May be because both the radio front panel and Maestro are connected at the same time (two clients).

Dave wo2x

• Sandor
    Sandor Member ✭✭
    Options
    New twist. I cannot get multiflex to shut down on the switch either now. This setup goes modem to switch (Shack) switch to computer and 6600M and a 3rd cable to test the Maestro from the switch
  • Sandor
    Sandor Member ✭✭
    Options

David SmartLink isn't in use at this point and as I understand it I don't need it over a LAN connection and my latency on my internet (this I do understand) is so bad that remote operation using the internet is pointless. I am doing a cold boot now

• Sandor
    Sandor Member ✭✭
    Options

UPDATE!

The wireless and second ethernet connection is one way! I have PTT, Mic 1 audio, and TUNE all work from the Maestro to the radio on both/either connection but nothing from the radio is coming to the Maestro from the radio. Keep in mind the Maestro (via multiflex.) works perfectly with what boils down to a direct connection to the radio via and ethernet switch.

Sandor KG4FET

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.