Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TGXL Manage Memories

Options
K1ESE
K1ESE Member ✭✭✭

My TGXL connects to antennas that have ladder-line or open wire feeders.

Everything is fine until it rains. Wet feeders need different memory settings.

The problem is that the memories cannot be deleted, exported, or imported. Since the TGXL has only one bank of memories, it would be helpful to be able to delete and replace one set of memories, say for dry weather, with another set of memories, like for wet weather.

As is, I need to do a factory reset every time it rains and start over with setting memories for each band to be used.

John K1ESE

Comments

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

I am curious why you would do a factory reset. I keep a spreadsheet of the settings for the bands I use with the TGXL so if I lose the settings I can always copy them back. You can do the same in your case. Create a spreadsheet or a list of the settings off the TGXL app and save those - good wx - and do the same for the second set. - wet wx. Replacing the settings for normal with the settings for wet wx. Just remember that when you replace the setting in the TGXL app the last step is to click on the left most control - C1 - to highlight it then click on it again so it is not highlighted. This will save the C1, L, C2 combo. If I recall most bands have 10 memories except 160 and possibly 80 with 20 memories. I took the range and divided it by 10 and I would tune at those freq and save the settings. so at one freq you have settings for good wx. When the wx is raining just replace the good wx values with the wet wx values. It will just overwrite what was in memory so no factory reset would be necessary.

Don - kx9q

From the manual section 7.3.2, page 50:

Procedure:

•  Apply a tuning signal at the desired frequency.
    •  Observe the SWR value in the display.
    •  Press the leftmost knob to select manual tuning. The "Manual Tuning" message appears on the front
    • panel display.
    •  Adjust the knob to select the first capacitance.
    •  Adjust the middle knob to select the inductance.
    •  Adjust the rightmost knob to select the final capacitance.
    •  Press the leftmost knob to save the result for later use.
    • In many cases, two or more values of the inductance may produce minimum SWR values. The general rule‐of‐ thumb for this case is to select the smallest inductance (smallest "L value" on the display).
    • The Tuner Genius XL Windows Utility provides similar manual tuning controls. First, click on the leftmost "knob" in the display, use the mouse wheel to adjust the value up and down. Continue with the second and third "knobs," then click on the first "knob" to save the tuning solution. See section 8.4.4, Manual Tuning Controls, for more information. 

• K1ESE
    K1ESE Member ✭✭✭
    Options

You do a reset since you can't erase memories with a TGXL. As you say, you could get rid of old memories by writing over each one. But that requires making sure you are on the exact same frequency when you retune to replace each old memory. I didn't record every memory's frequency and don't plan to enter almost 100 memories every time it rains.

The problem is that if I miss an old memory the high SWR trips out the amp.

It's easier to reset, set one or two new memories per band, and operate. You add memories as needed if the SWR gets high.

Most other autotuners have memory banks.

K1ESE

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.