Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smart SDR (Windows) not reading radio

Options
KG4FET
KG4FET Member, Unconfirmed ✭✭
I am a new 6600M owner, a whole 36 hrs in at this point.
With a direct connection between a 6600M and a computer the windows version isn't reading the radio. Computer comes up showing 50.133.5 no matter what the radio is showing. The radio IS receiving on 6M on A no matter what band is showing (20, 2, 40M). Both the radio and the computer have the latest versions
Thanks
Sandor KG4FET

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Sandor, it sounds like you are running MultiFlex. The front panel is one GUI Client and SmartSDR is another GUI Client. Two GUI Clients don't see or share each other's radio data. The idea is that it is two people operating the radio independently.

If you put your front panel into SmartControl mode, the front panel will no longer be a GUI Client (i.e. no pan or waterfall), and will share data and control with SmartSDR.

• KG4FET
    KG4FET Member, Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Len that was my whole issue. I played with it a little this morning but there are a couple things I need to get straight on the computer. 3 days in and I'm loving this radio.
    Sandor KG4FET
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Sandor, I'm glad it's working. 3 years in, I really like my 6400 too. Have fun!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.