Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Here is diagram how to interface IC7610 and FTDX101 with PGXL and TGXL.

Comments

• PTT lines are added to diagram

• Bruno
    Bruno Member ✭✭
    Hello
    I tried this config, i have FTDX101 TGXL PGXL, that not work here, because the ft101 stay in tx mode and i have to disconnect the PTT on ft101to go back in reception.

PTT radio B from PGxl to ft101PTT is not clear , This one on the ft101 is a PTT (for foot pedal) .
    so i suppose the Ptt B in from TGxl go to FT101 TXgrnd (what i do) .

I tried : ft101 TXgnd -> TGxl Ptt In, TGxl PttOut -> PGxl Ptt In , this is not ok , because i have a HIGH SWR on Pgxl.

What i do is
    FT101 TXgnd -> PGxl Ptt In, PGxl PTT out -> TGxl Ptt in. This is good here, But the only constraint is that the PGXL stay starting (standby or Op ) all the time, if it is stop by the rear switch or disconnected the TGXL will say NO PTT !

You have to configure in the ft101 Func/Operation settings/tuner select/ ext1 (not Int )
    On PGxl dont forget to chose BCD.

What's wrong with regard to the Schema above ?

Bruno F5OYM
  • Bruno
    Bruno Member ✭✭
    In fact there is a problem with the TGXL, it does not work Systeme CAT with the RS232 cord, while the same cord works well with the TGXL, is it normal that the TGXL does not work in RS232?
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

It should be PTT from foot switch to TG XL PTT In.

TG XL PTT out to PG XL PTT in

PG XL PTT out to FTdx101 PTT in. Do not connect to TX Gnd.

The TG XL does work with Yaesu CAT in. Make sure in Operation Settings/General that RS232 baud matches TG XL. Also in Operations Settings/General make sure RTS is off.

I have tested with a Yaesu FTdx10.

Dave wo2x

• Bruno
    Bruno Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your reply :)
    I have the PGXL in Cat RS232 and the TGXL in Band Data and it works well like that, I reverse the two cords, RS232 on PGXL / and Data BCD **** on TGXL, if the RS232 works well on the amp it should also on the tuner !
    Yes I tested RTS OFF and ON, BAUDS adjustment also and nothing to do.
    I display the frequency on the tuner well, but the reading of the band remains a off, and there is only the 10m and 15m that work but after on the other bands I have as display "no band data" , and if I use the amp I have "high swr".
    In my opinion if you want to use an amplifier you need to connect the txground (relay) with yaesu the ptt on yaesu receives just a TX activation command like the mox in a facade or by a foot pedal .

This is my configuration so that it works
    FT101 RS232 to PGXL (Cat Yaesu 3) Band, Cat, Frequence are well displayed.
    FT101 Band Data to TGXL: Band and BCD Mode are well displayed
    FT101 TXground to PGxl PTTin
    PGxl pttout to TGxl pttin
    For Coax FT101 to PGXL and PGXL to Tuner and antenna on the tuner.

The only problem with this configuration is that the tuner does not work if the amp is not at the
    minimum in standby, if the amp is turned off at the rear tuner does not receive anything.
  • David Decoons, wo2x

Reason it will not work when amp is powered off is the amp will not pass PTT when off.

The recommended PTT path is as I outlined above. This will make sure the amp and tuner are ready for transmit RF before the radio is keyed up. With having the PTT go to the radio first, you risk hot switching the amp. Note - in this configuration MOX from radio will not work. You will need to use a mode such as RTTY and key the radio from the foot switch.

Yaesu CAT to the tuner should work. Use a female to female straight cable. You want CAT to the tuner and BCD to amp. This way you will have 20 tuning memories per band instead of one memory when using RF Sense.

In the tuner Config make sure you select Yaesu, it is enabled and baud rate matches radio RS232, not radio CAT (that is USB baud).

If you continue to have issues I would suggest contacting 4O3A support as they designed the tuner and amp and can help you find why it is not working.

Dave wo2x

• Bruno
    Bruno Member ✭✭
    thanks for reply.

The issue with cat with the TGxl is the frequency and band display, i am on version FW:1.1.8

It is a problem of recognition of band and frequency, the display is bad, the point is poorly placed on the display !

ft101 on 6m 50313.000 : TGXL = BAND 60-CAT-5031.300
    10m 28450.500: band80-cat-2845.050

12m 24960.000: band 160-cat-2496.000

15m 21002.050:band-cat-2100.205

17m 18070.000: band 160-cat-1807.300

20m 14080.000: band= N/A-cat-1408.000 and evidently all the bands below the 20m are not recognized.

The "PTT B in" on the TGXL with a foot pedal only does not allow emission! "NO PTT IN"
    I wonder how can we use all this without the TXGRND from FT101?

So, I tested ur method, I remove RTS and I tried any CW SSB RTTY modes etc ... even by pressing the pedal and nothing obviously, no emission because "no ptt in" on the tgxl.
    *Foot pedal to TGxl PTTin, TGxl PTTout to PGxl PTTin, PGxl PTTout to FT101 PTTin, nothing work !
    Thanks for your help.

Bruno F5OYM
  • Bruno
    Bruno Member ✭✭
    i tried again and My pedal was out, she did not like multiple test :( sorry for that!)
    Now indeed I can emit but just using the pedal otherwise I have "no ptt in", remains the problem of the TGXL because I have a lot of swr while my antennas are good, and remains the display problem of the Frequences and bands!
  • David Decoons, wo2x

Upgrade TG XL to 1.1.16. It fixes CAT parsing for Yaesu.

Dave wo2x

• Bruno
    Bruno Member ✭✭

Thank you dave

An update was installed when I connect the material, so I thought I had the last version and this is not the case! I'm going to do that during the day (for me) Thank you for your help, I think I am redoing all the tests tomorrow.

One thing that doesn't make me happy is using Switch Foot, what about modes like CW (my favorite), ft8 ft4 rtty etc... ? in SSB is good because I use a Heil Proset 7 with the Switch Foot, I don't see myself permanently using a Switch Foot with the other modes :( . If this is the case it is a great disappointment for me to have buying this material to go with the FT101, I'll see this tomorrow :)

Thank you Dave :)

Bruno F5oym

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.