Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

3.4.23 and CW Sidetone

Options

Just upgraded to 3.4.23 and the low latency Windows audio is a fantastic improvement. Finally the PC Audio channel is keeping up with the Panadapter. Great work!

But still no CW sidetone on the PC Audio channel. It would be a great improvement - in particular - for CW contesting if N1MM keying generated a sidetone in the same channel as receive audio. I've been waiting nearly ten years now to design out the RemoteRig boxes I use to carry analog audio back to the operating position. Or if I have a guest I'd love to demonstrate CW, but my sending only plays back through headphones on the RemoteRig box. Even when I'm using the internal (CAT) Winkeyer, there's no sidetone on the PC Audio channel.

Is there some hardware limitation that makes CW sidetone on the PC Audio channel impossible? There's so much complexity wrapped around profiles and other configuration that I think the "It's too complicated to support" ship sailed a long time ago.

Comments

• Val  DM1TX
    Val DM1TX Member ✭✭
    Options

I would love to hear the news here as I am using same RemoteRig solution for years hoping for a resolve as the Flex remain for me an outstanding radio and I am sure the fellows over there can deal with this. Probably I am not the only one dreaming about this.73

• Ron Rosson
    Ron Rosson Member ✭✭
    Options

I Just upgraded to 3.4.23 and the low latency Windows audio is a fantastic improvement. Finally the PC Audio channel is keeping up with the Panadapter. Great work! But still no sidetone. I downloaded a program from the Internet called Sidetone. I worked for a while but now has some issues. If anyone else has used this program and had success. Please let me know how you set it up. Thanks in advance. 73 DE N6XT Ron

• Ron Rosson
    Ron Rosson Member ✭✭
    Options
  • k0oks
    k0oks Member ✭✭
    Options

I would love to have CW sidetone through the PC audio. The software described seems to require you be at the radio anyway. So why not just put the headphones into the radio at that point, **** use the radio's audio rather than the PC Audio?

Would really like to get the CW sidetone through the PC Audio so it could be used remotely as well.

• Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

You will get sidetone on the source of keying if you select the "Monitor" button in the CW setup. You cannot get sidetone on the Maestro for N1MM keying. I always plug headsets into the radio (Unless running remote)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.